Friday, July 11, 2014

WOW! That is all I can say about yesterday! Well, not all I can say cause I'm going to put in down here.
We had a beautiful day of sailing. The ocean laid down and the wind waves all but disappeared. All that remained was a easterly wind at 10 knots, bright blue sky, and a gentle rolling swell. The blue of this ocean...
We are seeing some garbage now from the mid ocean garbage patch. Google if you don't know what I am talking about. Discarded fishing nets, buoys, and the like are passing us in a slow, sad parade of how we are truly trashing this planet. How can I be out thousands of miles from anything or anyone and still see signs of man? Sad.
Anyway, it was still beautiful out. All day long we had great wind and Appa gliding across the water at 6-7 knots effortlessly. This is what we signed up for. All of us on deck, reminiscing, BSing, getting to know each other better...remarkable group of people I have onboard. I am thankful.
I swore 5 times yesterday. Grrrr.
Jeremy made a pork stew with chutney yesterday. The pork was slow cooked all day. So tender. Today is Jugurtha's turn to cook.
Yesterday as we were enjoying a great sunset, the fishing line went crazy. FISH ON! Mahi Mahi. Jugurtha reeled that baby in. Big. 10 pounds of meat of that fish. I have pics and a cool little video. Jurgurtha was so happy. It was great to see.
Making breakfast now. We are motoring and have been since last night. Batteries are fully charged and the freezer is full of fish. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment