Saturday, January 24, 2015

Past half way

Well, I hit the half way point on my chemo/radiation treatment on Thursday.  Eighteen more treatments left.  I think.  Hard to keep track and I am leery of the milestone as I am told that the side effects will start happening soon and get worse.  Of course I might not have any but it would be foolhardy to think that I will get out of this unscathed.
I am suppose to have diarrhea from the radiation but I do stuff different.  I had constipation.  If you ever thought that I was full of shit, last week you would have been 100% correct.  Cramping. bloating, you name it.  It was awful.  Prunes and fluids got things moving finally again.  No problems since.  Knock on wood.
I am at work now doing my 11a-11p shift.   I work Friday through Monday and then on Wednesday.  Thursday starts my week off.  This is my first weekend back since the angiogram.  Everyone is wearing the "No one fights alone" cancer wrist bands and I am consistently being asked how I am.  It bears repeating that I love the people I work with!
Work has been OK physically.  I am a bit tired and nauseated but I had that anyway.
I am currently at 2000 mg a day for my chemo, that is down from my original starting dose of 3500 mg but up from 1000 mg.  Monday maybe we will increase the dose again.  I carry a bottle of Nitro tabs with me and I am hyper vigilant about asking myself if I have chest pain.  Every ache and pain gets analyzed.  Way over analyzed.
All in all, things are going OK right now.  Definitely manageable.  I can expound on what I've learned as far as dealing with my toileting issues but I'll spare you.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment