Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Post weekend

21 more treatments left. Hips ache but no other side effects. Yet.
Dr Gold put me on Cardizem to protect against coronary spasm and I'll start my chemo pill tonight. One pill instead of 3. In the morning I take another pill. 1000mg daily. I was at 3500mg. If I have chest pain, I'm to take nitro and stop taking Xeloda. Forever. So easy does it. If no problems after one week, increase dose. Maybe. So we'll see.
As far as post surgery chemo, I'm not sure. If my lymph nodes are involved, then it can get ugly. Bolus 5FU chemo supposedly does not cause heart problems but you aren't getting the long soak that chemo needs to kill all the micro cancers running around. If they are indeed doing that.
So one day at a time.
To quote a movie:
"This is me breathing..."

1 comment:

  1. Marcus, you are AMAZING! Given all you are going through, to still be able to write with such aplomb ... I don't know how you do it. I'm sure I would be a quivering mass of self-pity wallowing in my tears, ripping my hair out. (I see your hair is too short to rip out so that is a good thing.) seriously, you are an inspiration. Please keep your chin up and carrying on and writing, writing, writing because the alternative is counter-productive. We are here propping you up in our thoughts with our love and prayers to the universe asking for strength for you.
    Patti and Rick Nordby
    S/V Winterhawk

    ReplyDelete