I had this plan to take Sam to see Cinderella. We were going to dress up!
Masterplan was this:
- Buy awesome Prince Charming costume
- Buy awesome Cinderella costume for Sam (thanks Jen and Grandma!)
- Have neighbor's daughter, who is friends with Sam, get awesome costume
- Take photos in the sunshine at dock
- Go see Cinderella and possibly get in for free because of, well, awesomeness!
- Grab some Chinese food after free movie.
- Get check from Chinese place but we owe nothing because of...wait for it...awesomeness once again.
- Take kids home
- Get some sleep for work the next day
- 1 through 3 done.
- Taking Sam off of the boat, slipper gets caught on rail and falls into water.
- Put Sam down and almost lose keys and cell phone in water trying to grab shoe that while made of rubber, sinks like a damn stone.
- Ask Sam if tennis shoes are OK. They are, of course, not OK!!
- Beg for couple of photos and get a half-hearted OK.
- Go back to boat and change back into street clothes.
- Wear crowns to the movie and while awesome, not enough for free movie.
- Surprised self by how much I enjoyed Cinderella. I even cried but that could be the cancer. Yeah, the cancer made me cry.
- Sam loved the movie and so did Kaley.
- Went to get Chinese food and had to pay full price.
- Dropped off kids.
- Hit the sack.
Sam wants to see the movie again and I do also actually. Going to take my mother and we are going to try the dress up thing again. NEVER QUIT!!!
|This does NOT float!!|
|If she wore mascara, you would be able to see the streaks from the tears...|