Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Finally!

I noticed that I have a follower now!  Awesome.  Haven't seen who it is yet.  I am trying to write something worth reading but I fear that the papers I am writing for Gonzaga are taking all of my so-called ability.

After many false starts, the rig is in the boat.  Solent stay is hanging out on the foredeck waiting for fittings.  It bangs around like a homeless person looking for their next drink.  So noisy.  I'll be glad when that project is done.  Next week I should have this.


You would not believe how $$$ this is.
 I am constantly waiting on parts it seems.

OK here are some pictures.


Getting fitted for the extended bow roller.  1/4" 136 SS.

All this for that Rocna.  Still needs to be polished and then bolted on.  Still more $$$.  I know, I know, first world problems!


Crappy picture but this is the top of the mast.  Lunasea tri-color with strobe, new VHF antenna RG 213 wire and new Raymarine i60 wind transducer.  Course I forgot the Windex at Fisheries so someone has to go up the mast later.

After the spreader arms redone.

We found some gray rigging tape

The partners had to be cut.  No way were they fitting in the new collar.

New Forespar deck/steaming light

New SSB insulators

Loaded the boom myself on the truck.  For some reason I put it perfectly on the dock cart.  Unreal.  Thought some thing would go wrong at this point.

New rigging finally holding up something other than progress!


Getting the mast right

Had to cut the mast partner up into wedges and center the mast.

So Tuesday the mast was suppose to go up but we had no partners that would fit the collar.  The part was overnighted and arrived Wednesday.  Didn't fit.  I said screw it, let's raise the mast anyway.  Thursday we are a go!  Nope.  Got there on Thursday and it turns out the Port Townsend Rigging sent the wrong clevis pins for the stays.  Full stop.  Grrrr. 
OK.  Fisheries Supply is making a delivery to PTR on Thursday at the exact moment Tutmark called to bitch about the wrong pieces getting delivered.  So PTR puts the correct parts in the Fisheries truck and we are to pick them up on Friday at 0700.  Sounds good.
Friday morning, I get there late and the mast is standing.  Working fast we get the rigging tuned and the partners installed.  I take the boat out to Shileshole and Jen meets me at 1400.  We decide to push for Port Townsend that night and try to make the Wauquiez Rendezvous.
No wind but beautiful out but we had no sails on the rigging.  We motor for 5 hours and find ourselves in PT at 2115 or so.  We are met at the dock by a large group of Wauquiez owners who are all as happy to see us and we are them.  Great trip up.  I rigged the main and the jenny on our motor north.
Jen and I go for a beer at Sirens on Friday night and call it a day.  Slept like a rock till 0800.  For us that is sleeping in.
Hit the town in the morning and have breakfast then it is back to the boat for me and start cleaning up so we can "show" the boat to other owners. 
We had a race at 1400 with 6 Pretorions and 2 Centurion 42s.  We raced against Airfare owned by Guy.  We got our clock cleaned by him but he had a crack crew on his boat.  Jen did a great job driving.  I am still figuring out the trim on Appa.  Lots and lots of strings to pull!  Last time our 2 boats squared off against each other was 1998 Vic-Maui Race.  Guy won that one also.

To the winners of the Rendezvous



Back at the dock Sunday

Getting some varnish on the slats

Fitting for the solent stay.  14,000 lbs working load and 22,000 lbs breaking.  1/2" fitting.  This goes into 1/4' SS backing plate at the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment