Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Step one...complete

After 29 CT scans, an unplanned ER visit for chest pain and the resulting angiogram and cardiac echo, 3 colonoscopy exams, multiple blood draws and IVs, never ending nausea, constipation, and 28 radiation treatments, I am done with the first step of this ordeal. No more radiation treatments. Hopefully.
Next step is 8 weeks of rest and then surgery to remove this goddamn tumor. Then 4-6 months of hard core chemo. I'll get a colostomy as a result of the surgery and hopefully that will be temporary. One step of many completed.
I cannot thank the incredibly kind staff at Swediah Cancer Institute enough. I got hugs from everyone.  Just incredible. From Angela at the front desk to Jake, Don, Mike, Tammy, Dustin, Sarah (sorry if I forgot someone) running the radiation gun, everyone was beyond sweet and patient. I'll even give the lab people some love. I bought them cupcakes and they acted like it never happened before. Note to everyone, treat the people with the sharp stuff well.
Hopefully the next eight weeks go smooth and I can work without calling in sick. The people I work with at the ER have been incredibly kind and patient as well. Love those people.

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
~~Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment