Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I thought I was done with this...

Well...I thought I was kinda done blogging and such. I might be still. I have to see how much energy I have. Lemme back up a bit.
Yesterday, the 11th of February, I had my routine CT of my abdomen and pelvis. Cancer screening. Did the scan and the blood work early and then had one hour till the doctor came and got from the waiting room, telling it is all clear. I decided to go to my office in the next building over and change out of my scrubs. Got back to the waiting room and found out they were looking for me. Forty minutes early and they were looking for me...that is not good. Got into the exam room and couldn't even take off my coat before Dr Gold came in.
When you doctor holds your hand or grabs your shoulder or ,God forbid, hugs you...that also, is not good. Dr Gold did all three. Seems I have a new growth that is choking the tube that drains my left kidney. This growth is down in my pelvic area near the bladder right about where we took out my old tumor. Seems we didn't get it all. Also seems like the scorched earth policy I allowed to ravage my body in the form of chemotherapy didn't really help either.
Had a PET scan today. They only give you these, if you have cancer, when they want to find other growths that aren't yet wrecking havoc on your body.  Results tomorrow. Regardless of the result of the PET scan, I have an appointment Thursday morning early to have a silicone tube placed in the tube (ureter) that connects to my kidney. This will help drain urine from the kidney to the bladder because right now, my kidney is swollen and can't drain well.  They go in through the penis and place it. Cytoscopic stent placement.  Metal hollow tubes placed in me to place a flexible tube that stays. I will be knocked out for this.
Dr Gold says I will probably lose the left kidney because the cancer is wrapped tightly around the ureter and it is usually impossible to separate them. I might not but he didn't sound optimistic. I will also have more radiation and chemotherapy.
So same drill.  Big surgery, big radiation, big chemo.  Except my survival rate is now in the 20% range. That's doesn't mean I won't fight though.
Let's see what tomorrow brings...

1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze Marcus. I'll hang on your words and posts - and I know you'll focus your powerful energies as you have in the past.

    ReplyDelete